Nylon braid (?)

I'd need ~7 at a time to get each 240 ft length...

Reply to
Don Y

McMaster has 250' spools of 1.25" polyester for $168. Various colors. You can probably find it cheaper elswhere.

They also list MIL-STD-202 fire-retardant and plenum rated, but not in longer lengths (and more expensive). Also have the velcro (sorry, 'hook and loop') type.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I'd really prefer nylon -- and a "heavy" nylon, at that!

I'm going to have to start asking for samples, I think. Quality seems to be all over the map (including lots of "product" that makes no claim other than *color*! :< )

I'll have to dig up some old references and see what they can tell me about the source we used...

Reply to
Don Y

If you'd wanted lacing I'd have suggested regular thin cord, forgetting the knots & applying drops of superglue. I've not tried it that way, bet it would be far faster than all that damn knotting involved with lacing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I know I'm late to the party, but:

and no, I don't know what the difference is between these two categories. Their "standard expandable sleeving" in 1" diameter (at rest) is 54 cents a foot if you get a 250 foot roll.

I've bought corrugated split loom from Del City before; I only got a few hundred feet, but they will sell you a few *miles* of it if you have the loading dock for it. 250 feet seems to be standard for the nylon braid, but they may be able to do longer rolls if you ask.

I have no affiliation with Del City other than as a customer.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

On Sat, 22 Aug 2015 07:17:12 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@att.net Gave us:

There is a lot of commercial "nylon" stuff, but the mill stuff is usually rayon or other low flammability media.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

NumeroUno:

rayon less flammable than nylon?