Fortuitous Open Ground on TDA7560 Bridge Amp Module

Yes I do make the occasional electronics post..

See page 1, to the right below the picture.. The TDA7560 has 'fortuitous open GND' in the protection feature list. But what is it?

500000 words in the English language!

Fortuitous means

1: Occurring by chance According to

I can get an open ground occurring by chance? Lucky me. The TDA7560 has 6 out of 25 pins that make ground connections and one via cap. I wonder which grounds can be fortuitous. :P

I'm guessing the fortuitous open gnd protection refers to if the signal ground gets cut, the amp or speakers don't blow.

--
D from BC
British Columbia

On a sunny day (Fri, 5 Mar 2010 00:00:35 -0800) it happened D from BC wrote in :

Nice chip! The ones to each output stage?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not cheap. ~$30.00US from Mouser. My assumption was this would be a mass produced chip for car auto and hence have a ~$5.00 price. But nope.

There's something goofy about that. I'm not expecting fortuitous output stage ground disconnections on the pcb. My pcb work is not crappy enough.

Reply to
D from BC

On a sunny day (Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:55:36 -0800) it happened D from BC wrote in :

Strange, digikey says 8 $ here:

But quantity '0' available ... Conrad.nl has it here for 16 Euro, in stock:

Yes, no further reference to that feature in that dataheet.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:13:30 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

PS: check of end of life on these chips, conrad.nl says: delivery as long as available, means they get no new supply.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Maybe Chinglish for load dump?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

Yeah, probably poorly translated from an Italian or French (being ST) word meaning "accidental".

Any native Francophones/Italian speakers care to comment? "Fortuit" looks like a likely candidate for mistranslation from French.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany