notme

Love it.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Because...?

Reply to
notme

Battery capacity is proportional to volume, which for a cylinder is proportional to the radius squared. You make the battery slightly bigger, you get a lot more capacity. If something needs to be thin, better to just engineer it to run on rechargeable lithium ion or variants.

So the capacity of the AA is greater than that of the AAA, and at the same time is about 30% cheaper. You gain both ways.

If you look at say external battery holders for high end cameras, they use AA cells. If you are a photojournalist working in some hell hole, you can always get AA cells. GPSs use AA cells. Basically items where you really need it to work run from AA cells.

In every country on the planet, there are AA cells, AK47 ammo, chickens, and rental women.

Reply to
miso

Even Vatican City? I mean I'm fairly sure the Swiss Guards don't use AK47s :)

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts