By the way, started my consultanty business, burning the midnight oil since I still have my day job. No customers yet, so if you have a task or hear about one please refer me

Regards

Klaus

Kvk at creative-electronics.dk

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

I'm not going to register at that website just to see an image.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

The link on the youtube page works...

That's very good value.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Well it did work. doesn't now.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

The Barlow lenses, to increase working distance, will set you back another 50 bucks.

Buying the parts individually (HAYEAER), you can sub the lenses for the camera, if you've already got one, but it is a pretty confusing search.

Good luck with the business. Good idea to keep the day job.

RL

Reply to
legg

+1. Klaus, you'll have to do better than that!
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Won't increase working distance, the prime focus of the microscope still has the exact same location. It'll change the magnification, but this is a stereo microscope with a video pickoff, it'll take a matched triple of Barlow lenses... a second set of wide-field eyepieces and/or a bit of digital processing for zoom would make more sense.

It sure SEEMS to be a stereo microscope; binocular objectives are shown in the pix. I wonder which objective feeds the vidcam?

You'd have to replace the objectives to get a different working distance.

Reply to
whit3rd

I have the same microscope. Happy with it >> 10 years. I was always assuming it was Russian, not Chinese. I bought it locally at Streppel.de, whose main product is fiber optics for ?++.

Mine has no camera, only the mounting provision for it. At that time, they had an interface for Nikon Coolpix only, while I was using Canon. Now I have a Nikon SLR, but the provided camera is probably the better deal.

The microscope has a mechanical switch that routes the picture from the left eyepiece to the camera port.

There is also a lens available to reduce the magnification to 50%. I don't have it, but it probably makes focusing easier. Full magnification is usually not needed.

I have a cold light ring source made by Streppel. That has a high rpm fan that drove me nuts. Now I have replaced it with a Chinese LED ring light. That's nice but I will change it to DC because it interferes to my pV amplifiers when they are under the uscope.

I use it for most of my hand soldering. Works fine with the Metcal ultra fine tip. And a ring light is essential.

I did remove the foot and built a boom that comes from the rack part of my table where the VNA and scopes are. It is made from two alu tubes that telescope into each other and can be swiveled left-right also. Pivot point on the back side of the rack and a horizontal rail in the front that supports the telescoping tubes. The vertical arm now hangs top down. Helps enormously with large boards and it's nice to the VNA and sampling scope port cables. They can now be as short as possible.

BTW I had absolutely no problem with the links provided. Nothing to log in etc, just boring.

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Sorry. Which website did you have to register to view? (no problem on my end, with the links)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

It's a dual system. So both the eyepices and the video out are active at the same time (some microscopes you need to perform a manual switch between eyepiece and video out)

The actual deal comes with a 0.5x lense, so the working distance is high, allows for a lot of space for soldering iron below the optics

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

ut this is a

in

e.

That is really nice, I need to make one. I have very little desk space, so that will be a great build. Can you share a photo by any way?

Thanks :-)

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Michael Terrell

Use this link:

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Aliexpress doesn't show product pages without a login.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to