new sharp IR sensors

I'm definitely a beginner and for a project I decided to buy one of the new IR sensors from Sharp. So to have a good amplitude in my input data, instead of buying the cheap GP2D12, I had the brilliant idea to buy the GP2Y3A. Of course I got the surpriset that it seems much more complex (not the typical 3 connections) and of course around I can't find so much documentation on how to use it properly, a part its specifications document:

Is there any one had experience with this kind of sensors or has a good understanding of the specification document? I'm a bit scaried on burn the sensor or maybe even worse, my board or my usb port.

So far what I would do is to connect vcc and ground and check what I get from Vo and if nothing happens maybe trying to send something (not sure how) to Vin.

Thanks a lot, chr

Reply to
christiang