Negative Feedback in Audio Amplifiers

I think I have a reasonably thorough apprehension of the text I quote in my .sig. What do you think I am missing?

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
More than a century has passed since science laid down sound
propositions as to the origins of the universe, but how many have

This is a little bit like a gun-control debate. Lots of audio equipment is garbage/too expensive/whatever primarily because the people who make it are too often contemptuous of the consumer, and the consumer is also too often ignorant to understand what he is doing. In no case is it the fault of 'audio'.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
More than a century has passed since science laid down sound
propositions as to the origins of the universe, but how many have
mastered them or possess the really scientific spirit of criticism? A
few thousands at the outside, who are lost in the midst of hundreds of
millions still steeped in prejudices and superstitions worthy of
savages, who are consequently ever ready to serve as puppets for
religious impostors.   -- Peter Kropotkin
Reply to
Uncle Steve

I'm not quite sure why you are so upset. I was merely temporizing, and I think most people here understand the difference between high-speed interconnects and broadcast-oriented transports like Ethernet in the context of actually building something to move bits around.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
More than a century has passed since science laid down sound
propositions as to the origins of the universe, but how many have
mastered them or possess the really scientific spirit of criticism? A
few thousands at the outside, who are lost in the midst of hundreds of
millions still steeped in prejudices and superstitions worthy of
savages, who are consequently ever ready to serve as puppets for
religious impostors.   -- Peter Kropotkin
Reply to
Uncle Steve

Tarantulas are supposedly quite tame unless mishandled or otherwise aggravated. I have no meaningful experience with apples so I cannot comment further.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
More than a century has passed since science laid down sound
propositions as to the origins of the universe, but how many have
mastered them or possess the really scientific spirit of criticism? A
few thousands at the outside, who are lost in the midst of hundreds of
millions still steeped in prejudices and superstitions worthy of
savages, who are consequently ever ready to serve as puppets for
religious impostors.   -- Peter Kropotkin
Reply to
Uncle Steve

Ethernet-AVB

Reply to
krw

Rationality & Audio in one sentence?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

video

though

full

Since you did ask, the first sentence more than the second. It is real hard though, i fail near as often as i succeed.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

feed

was

panacea

latency?

SMPTE

Word salad and worse. You are misusing "high speed interconnects", "broadcast-oriented transports" and "Ethernet" horribly.

High speed interconnects normally refers to physical connectors and connection systems, which may or may not include a protocol, and may or may not include timing constraints.

Broadcast-oriented transports include C-band satellites (microwave carriers FM modulated by the composite {audio and video} NTSC television signal); D1, many other latency controlled SMPTE standards transports.

Ethernet is all about data transport in an unreliable network, it includes reliable and unreliable transmission protocols. Pretenses of real time as well as streaming protocols were added later creating confusion about what Ethernet really is.

HTH

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

The threshold is nearer us $500 per component, sometimes below. Special technologies can create some rare exceptions, e.g. laser turntables, microscopic video turntables. For the rest, it gets nearly immeasurably close to the best by $300, then some feature wars, but past $500 even that is running out of gas.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

From some recent research, it looks liks TV broadcast is still 75 Ohm coax in the studio. Some Tektronix waveform monitors have both NTSC Analog & SDI Digital loopthrough inputs (1730 series). That allowed stations to continue to use the same equipment as they converted to digital. I recently picked up two 1730 for $20 each for my home shop.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

or

television

includes

time as

what

Shazzam. That is a good score.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

I also bought a Tektronix NTSC Television Sync Generator TSG170A for $15, + 25 shipping, a Grass Valley 8500 cage with power supply, and some

8501 & 8502 video DA cards for 99 cents plus shipping. The 9" Ikegami TM9-3A color monitor for $10 was a sweet deal, too. 4:3 or 16:9. :) I could build a small VHF amp (100W) for the $10 Blonder Tongue Agile modulator and have an analog LPTV station.

All of this gear is better than anything I used at any TV station I've worked at, and it's selling for under a penny on the dollar. I wish I had had this stuff on my bench when I was repairing C band sat gear. I have the perfect rack for it too. It's blue with a Tektronix logo on it. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tell that to Netflix!

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com