need some help guys

At this point I don't know what to suggest. If all connections are as shown on the schematic, then when the output of U201C goes high, Q205 should turn on, energising the relay. If I were you, I'd go over all connections and double-check that the transistors are in the right way around, etc. Something is wrong. Of course, with only 18V supply for the relays, they might not turn on, due to the extra voltage lost across the transistor's collector/emitter.

... Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

ok i will look at the boards agian and if i find all is ok i will see if i have a 24v trans if not i will use two 12v trans thanks for the help johnny and all

steven

Reply to
kidkv

Just measuring the voltage across the output of the switch darlingtons in the on and off state (or the voltage across the relay) should tell you a lot about whether the switching is working at all. I wouldn't change the relay supply until I proved that it is really necessary and you don't have some other problem.

Reply to
xray

on,

collector/emitter.

I agree wholeheartedly. There most certainly is some other problem there. I didn't mean to imply that the low supply voltage could cause this problem. The OP's measurements across the Darlingtons shows that either the connections are wrong or the Darlingtons are blown.

... Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

ok will do some testing tonight steven

Reply to
kidkv

turn

there. I

problem.

Good one Steven, I didn't want you to (incorrectly) think that increasing the 18V power supply would cure your problem. Chances are that you have a few problems in this circuit that will need correcting. I wish I could help you more - I remember what it's like to be starting out and trying to understand this stuff. On the positive side, although this is probably getting you down a bit, I'm sure that you've learned heaps in the process. That's what's important. Overall, though, your problems appear relatively simple. I wish I was there with my DMM to help solve this more quickly. I'd say that a few quick measurements would sort things out. Where are you, by the way? I'm in Nowra, NSW, Australia. I assume that you're a long way from here. After you do your tests, post the results and maybe one of us can help further. ... Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

hey i found what was wrong the darlingtons whear in backwards the e was at the b ::-0 that fixed the relays now they turn on like they should... EAGLE had the wrong pin out on the darlingtons.. i am in the U.S state P.A now just have to get the freq counter to work. but now i can use it..

thanks for the help Steven

Reply to
kidkv

It just shows that you should look over the datasheets to see it the pins are right ?????????

steven

Reply to
kidkv

Well done - I knew it had to be something like that. And yes, it's always a good idea to check the datasheets when you strike a problem. The frequency counter might be trickier. I'll take a look and see if I can think of anything.

... Johnny

Reply to
Johnny Boy

ok and this is true "On the positive side, although this is probably getting you down a bit, I'm sure that you've learned heaps in the process. That's what's important." i did simple stuff at first and have learned a lot more as i move on up... when i can't get help i try to use google as much as i can and it has helped out alot.

steven

Reply to
kidkv

You mean GooTube?

Reply to
xray

yea gives you 1,000,000+ things that you don't whant on just one thing......

steven

Reply to
kidkv