Need PWM controller for current source to charge 48v lead acid.

All altenators, even ideal altenators, have an inherent current limit, due to the field strength limit.

they behave like lossy current transformers.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

would be open invitation for car thieves and broken windows.

No, it took a set of security tools to remove. Earlier radios were easier to remove. pull off the knobs, remove two 3/8"/24 nuts and you're done. It could be done in 30 seconds on some cars if you had a hollow shaft Xcelite socket driver.

Ford was the worst for car radios. The idiots put the car radio on the left side of the steering wheel at the same time they started using TO-220 output transistors. They ignored the warning not to fan out the leads at the transistor case, and they failed in droves. You had to remove the steering column, then the entire dash to remove the radio. It took about eight hours, if you knew exactly what to do. After the first one, we insisted that the dealer pull the radio, and put up with the owner nt having the car for at least two days.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nissan has been using Jatco CVTs in some of their models:

I've driven a couple of them a fair bit, and they're pretty good. There have been some issues reported with reliability, but I've not seen it personally.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I stopped following new cars about 30 years ago. I'm glad they are still working on them.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe not US manufacturers. But these are available with CVT. HONDA JAZZ Mercedes A & B class Audi A4 - possibly other Audis

Reply to
Rocky