need a temperature sensor with .1 degree accuracy

I really don't think that they're all that "transparent" - as far as I know, the clothing simply warms up to a temperature close to whatever area of skin it's over - you're not really seeing titties, only their heat signature. :-/

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

When i was an apprentice so long ago, I remember the company i worked for using one junction of a transistor for doing 0.1degC. Accuracy was actually a lot better, but thats all they could claim becasue of the equipment used for calibration.

I remember that everytime they got a new batch of transistors, i would have to spend days with an old 4wire thermistor and meter to make readings every 0.05degC. Sitting with an ice bath waiting for the ice to melt and trying to zero that meter was a right pain in the arse. Calibrating the standard device was the same, and that had to be done every three months.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Oops! It was the price of the vinyl carrying case that I saw! the thermometer is around 180$

Suraj

Reply to
surjones

Wow!!!! For 30 bucks, you'd think it would be gold gilded eelskin

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

I recommended the EW-93210-50 Digi-Sense=AE ThermoLogR Thermistor Thermometer to the friend.

He says measuring ambient is not all that important to him, but contact temperature is, So He'll go in for a probe with the above thermometer. Any recomendations on that? how to get a quick reading with the ideal probe?

For the radiation temperature, there were thermal IR scopes, good ones upwards of 2500 $, but certainly the accuracy was pretty limited, +-2 degree C or so. Then each had a distace to object ratio, an angle of intercept etc.

I asked him to also do a post here, in my attempt to be discreet about the application, I meight have created a little confusion! (specially when I saw some posts about the Satellite sensors...) He is doing research on the "urban heat island phenomenon" and is using ASTOR satellite's thermal sensor imagery (20 Meter to a pixel resolution).

Meanwhile I'm working on a couple of thermistors with look up tables...

Reply to
surjones

Is eelskin really all that durable?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah, eelskin is pretty rugged. Years ago when it was very popular, my ex had eelskin purse, cigarette case and wallet set. The cig case and wallet got heavy use, and aside from a bit of discolorization from handling, they never suffered any other damage. None of the sewn seams ripped open, none of the nylon lining came loose, etc. Overall, they were really more rugged than similar leather items that she has owned. But, that's just anecdotal evidence... no scienterrific research involved in my opinion. Cheers!!