Need a P channel fet

I've looked through several manufacturer's websites. I've even looked at Digikey. The problem is that there are so many devices to choose from it's hard to find a common one. I've even placed a call to Fairchild Semi but no response, yet.

Here's what I want:

P channel mosfet

10A max current 40mohm max Rds at Vgs = -3V (or so) 10V max Vds

Anybody know of a common/popular device to use?

Thanks.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Check this one out:

If it is pulsed and has to be very tiny this could be interesting:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Not directly, but I noticed a few low voltage 12V MOSFETs with very high currents this morning, looking for something else, try narrow your search to 12V devices?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

On 8 Maj, 03:03, "BobW" wrote: ...

Hi Bob

Here is how to find it:

Search for MOSFET:

Choose:

  • FETs - Single (24,749 items) or later (?)
  • FETs - Arrays (3,707 items)

I chose "FETs - Single (24,749 items)" as an example.

Now you are presented for the parametric selector guide:

Chose FET Type="MOSFET P-channel..." and "2 P-channels..." (choose more items by pressing using "some"-key, while mouse button choosing more - I used Apple-key -- on PC I do not know which one. The key can also be used to deselect!)

Press further down "Apply Filters"

The parametric selector guide is still visible so there still too many MOSFETs:

Now choose:

40mohm max Rds at Vgs = -3V (or so)

In the box "Rds On (Max) @ Id, Vgs" Simply drag vertically on 40mohm and to lower, so any useful items are chosen.

Now also choose "Logic Level Gate" in box "FET Feature".

Press further down "Apply Filters"

Now "1,152 items, spanning 47 pages"

Still too many.

-

Go on with:

10A max current (and higher)

(If only "2 P-channels..." was selected further you could choose minimum 5A because 2*5A=10A - and MOSFET parallel with (almost) no problems)

Please only choose cut tape and "tube" in box "Packaging", if you do not need reels. Reels is payed for extra.

After these choosings I only had 139 items, spanning 6 pages.

Please also think about if you want smt/smd - or through hole?

Do you need low gate-charge? Even if you do not, it pays to also see for low gate-charge, because that normally indicate devices of newer (normally better) generations - might be cheaper and available for longer time? It is a good idea to think about that. Also, it might be a good idea to see, if many manufactureres produces with the same specifications (and pin layout and casing).

In this news group, some have preferences for specific manufacturer - ask why they do?

Reply to
Glenn

Simply look in the remaining devices that are specified for Vgs=3D

Reply to
Glenn

And:

7m=CE=A9@VGS =3D -4.5V -16A 9m=CE=A9@VGS =3D -2.5V -13.6A 13m=CE=A9@VGS =3D -1.8V -11.5A
RPBFCT-ND
Reply to
Glenn

I just happen to be looking through some specs for MOSFETs I have or = that=20 I've looked at for some projects, and I have these:

FDC604P 5.5A 20V 43mOhm at 2.5Vg SuperSOT-6

Two in parallel would do the trick. But you might rather have

FDS6675 11A 30V 20mOhm at 4.5Vg SOIC-8

That one is also in the LTspice library, which is sometimes an important =

factor. And Digikey has 13000 pieces for about $1/ea.

But you need a lower gate voltage, so here is one that is in LTspice and =

DigiKey has stock:

FDS6575 10A 20V 17mOhm at 2.5Vg SOIC-8

5CT-ND

Paul=20

Reply to
P E Schoen

I just happen to be looking through some specs for MOSFETs I have or that I've looked at for some projects, and I have these:

FDC604P 5.5A 20V 43mOhm at 2.5Vg SuperSOT-6

Two in parallel would do the trick. But you might rather have

FDS6675 11A 30V 20mOhm at 4.5Vg SOIC-8

That one is also in the LTspice library, which is sometimes an important factor. And Digikey has 13000 pieces for about $1/ea.

But you need a lower gate voltage, so here is one that is in LTspice and DigiKey has stock:

FDS6575 10A 20V 17mOhm at 2.5Vg SOIC-8

Paul

Paul,

I finally figured out how to limit the search more effectively on the Fairchild website. I, too, was checking with Digikey to make sure whatever I picked was easily acquired. Great minds think alike, because here are my own results. The FDS6575 has low enough Rds for Vgs=2.5V, and it meets my 10A requirement:

FDS6575 ? digikey stock ? soic ? 10A

Reply to
BobW
[...]

When doing the design keep in mind that Vgs abs max is very low on those.