My present from The Great Pumpkin!

I think this is on-topic, because it's about an oscilloscope.

I was just now taking my trash to the dumpster, and right there, on top of all of the previous trash, was a scope:

I apologize profusely for the lousy focus on 1 & 2, but I wanted to show the traces. #3 I did with the flash.

I have no idea where it came from, because there isn't enybody within a mile of here who would throw something like this away, although I suspect it might have used to belong to some guy who used to work here and suddenly wasn't here any more, and the PHB didn't know how to dump a

4-channel, 100-MHz scope on Ebay. >:->

The label across the top says DIGITAL MULTIMETER/COUNTER and the one under the screen says: SS-57110 OSCILLOSCOPE 100 MHz

The rest of it is a pretty normal scope, but the only way I've found so far (in about 30 minutes) to get rid of traces 3 & 4 if I don't need them is to turn their position fully off the bottom.

The DMM is kinda all over the place, but the counter, when I press the "CHECK" button, "instantly" displays 10000.0 . :-)

Oh, just a sec... Kewl! - when I poke a wire from the calibrator into the counter, it reads, ".9969".

Gosh Bless The Great Pumpkin! :-D :-D :-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Lucky bastard!. (Unclick the "Quad" button on that 4 button, Mode block)

john jardine

I hate to rain on your parade but I have known dickheaded thieves to steal things like this so you might want to contemplate running the serial nbr. past the local cops.

Otherwise I am totally jealous.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Checked it for any white powder? ]:->

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Good "buy"! I have one of those 'scopes, and it has been working flawlessy for 20 years or so. (Bought it new sometime in the mid eighties.) It came with an 8-channel digital trigger "pod" accessory, which is quite useful.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bjarne_B=E4ckst