Momentary Switch Circuit

Right. I should be seeing ~11 volts, not 6, after the triangular spike. The 17 volts is unregulated - but I can't see 15K knocking it down. I'll test that - just connect the 15K directly between ground and 17V and measure with the DMM.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Here are my latest and probably last test results:

BTW, it's possible that on some of my earlier tests, I had accidentally set my home-made power supply to its lowest current limit (about 25 mA).

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK

Here are my latest and probably last test results:

BTW, it's possible that on some of my earlier tests, I had accidentally set my home-made power supply to its lowest current limit (about 25 mA).

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

The zener I was using is no good and now resides in the trash can. With a properly working 6 volt zener, I get the same waveforms as you. The expected ~11 volt level is there, the spike is there, and the mystery is solved. Damn thing tested good in series with 1K at 9 volts.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Great - glad we sorted that puzzle .