Modules dying when 24V vehicles are jump started

No, literally an "Aw Shit".

tm

Oh yeah, just imagine one of those tipping over and leaking :-)

It was a bit scary. I saw a big white truck coming up, fast, while hearing a low-pitch loud tire squeal and the whole thing gradually turning sideways. I gave him as much room as I could without crunching the car in front of me.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. I recently had one of those situations... number two in line stopped at a red light.

I hear "the sound", jerk the car over into the right-turn bay, wife barely can say, "What!" Then BAM they nail the car that was in front of me. Broad was on her cell phone... so I stopped and played the witness from hell :-) ...Jim Thompson

Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, narcissistically posing in
       politically-correct black-face, but with fewer scruples.

I was once nailed in the rear end, on I-94 in St. Paul MN. The guy came running up to me yelling something stupid about why did I stop. I simply pointed to the state snow plow stopped in front of me. So much for my brother's beetle.

Reply to
krw

In a better world, your caution label WOULD be the sufficient. Unfortunately, too many of the people doing the boosting don't care. Some of the geniuses working in the oil patch come to mind, but they are everywhere.

Screwing up the equipment is a life calling for these types. We had one of them zip-tie a bundle of data cables to a tractor drive shaft. He was fired when one of his low life buddies ratted on him.

mike

Reply to
m II

wrote in=20

like a

smaller,=20

And=20

these

have a

the=20

=20

that

good=20

still

might

As

design

no

That is the kind of time that driving up or down steep slopes begins to look attractive.

Reply to
JosephKK

one cheap thing to at least try is to put a giant diode across the power feeding the equipment, but backwards.

motorola mobile radios were protected (against backwards installations, but there may be more to it than just that) this way and rugged beasts.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader