mixed-mode propagation

Well, it was a low signal level problem. I just blamed Suddenlink and not mice. The chewed wire was out of sight, jammed between a knotty-pine weatherboard and a cinder block wall. The coax itself barely fits; I can't imagine how a mouse could squeeze in there, much less munch 360 degrees around the wire.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

The mice jammed it in there after they'd realized what they'd done.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

They could have at least left a note of apology.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Mice need don't need much room. a mouse finds it's path blocked by a plastic and metal thing and starts chewing up the obstruction.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

The bird into glass problem is solved by gluing alternating white and black images of birds in flight to the glass. I used to work in a 13 story glass lab building. It was lit at night by internal metal halide lighting. Moths to a flame so to speak. So the mezzanines got low power halogen at night and bird markings on the glass. Worked a charm, and no piles of dead birds in the morning.

If you want to ruin someone's day, find a open DB9 hole on a piece of gear and insert mouse. The urine will quickly corrode a PCB, it will be unrepairable in less then a hour. I lost a prized PTS160 RF synthesizer to that. I kept it on hot standby, and Mrs Mouse moved into raise her brood in the warm synth. Expensive lesson. A day spent attempting to remove the corrosion and save the unit was wasted time. Even with gallons of solvents.

Steve

Reply to
Owen Roberts