Minimum slot width?

In a one party system controlled by the people and with a responsible leader there is.

That nothing gets done, just political bickering.

US being an example of that.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Oh, that's easy. Start reading the Declaration of Independence; inability to operate and steer one's government is the reason we created this nation. The Declaration is a well-considered list of "what's wrong" elements.

It's unclear that 'no opposition' is the reason to disparage one-party systems (there's internal opposition). The more important effect of one-party rule is the erosion of the power of outsiders: slavery and second-class citizens and oligarchs or patricians or nobles all are destabilizing influences. China has a one-party system, and is very concerned with stability (which will likely get worse). Russia is doing internal self-destruction, might fall apart as badly as the Ottoman Empire did. The old Soviet Union did fall apart.

Reply to
whit3rd

Speaking ill of the dead, like backstabbing and blaming the victim, is a cowardly attack.

It's on a par with blaming 'the Obama administration' for some tenuously-related current event, or blaming Hilary for a multiplicity of foreign wars just because she was the cabinet official dealing with affairs of state at the time. The Donald can do this while projecting an appearance akin to indignation (he's a practiced actor).

You're free to discard every Roosevelt dime in your pocket, if you really feel strongly about it. Most people don't.

Reply to
whit3rd

We have a 74,608-page-long federal tax code. That's way overdue for some legislative deadlock.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I sometimes think that politicians are best kept busy bickering among themselves, so they have no time to do any real damage.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

No I think we should demand better. My crazy idea is to have a 'none of the above' line on ballots. If 'none of the above' wins then all those others on the ballot are thrown out, and we get new people.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

tion.

eople

The US is a two-party state, and it is crawling with corruption.

Nothing gets done.

The nice thing about multi-party democracy and coalition governments is tha t compromises get worked out all the time - so the politicians get good at rational negotiation (as opposed to idiot tweeting) and tend to settle on p ractical solutions that have broad support.

In the US the Koch brothers (and other people who have got rich by selling fossil carbon as fuel) have managed to block anything that looks like effec tive action to slow down anthropogenic global warming, in part by spending a lot on propaganda aimed at gullible twits like you. That is extremely cor rupt behaviour.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A lot of the space is taken up by loads of loop-holes that favour particular special-interest groups.

It's well-known that almost all the tax loop-holes ought to be purged, and equally well-known that there's a huge (and expensive) lobbying industry being very well paid to insert as many more as possible.

That's serious corruption.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'm thinking that Mr. GUIDfromHolland must be Jan Panteltje's brother in law. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You had so many clues, even the links point to... However, the story I have heard is as follows.: JP accepted the offer from the . (those who's name cannot be spoken as they do not commie-nuke-aid using air) and is in one of their zoos in some galaxy building little PIC based circuits as amusement for the aliens, gets good food and everything needed, and is being cloned many times over for the shows in other zoos. One of the clones, me, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org where 698839253 is the clone number, and X6D445T the clone station, was send back to the third planet orbiting what you call sun, to watch the humming race in the last hours before it gets destandroid by the evil D leader and glowballworming, and to pick up more Microchips for the shows.

We have been watching you.

There are still vacancies for you

Just send you intergalactic message with your laser, no need to point, we are everywhere.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Huh, and how do you feel about Einstein? George H.

Reply to
George Herold

George Herold wrote

He needed a haircut.

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

Ah. Dutch humor.

lunatic fringe electronics

It can be more sophisticated, and frequently is.

Einstein and Lorenz got on fine (Lorenz happens to have been Dutch).

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman