MicroZED

Yet fifty years of hoping that a hurricane wouldn't hit them didn't help much. The NE is no different.

Reply to
krw

Recent research? I'm only going on what I've seen with my own eyes, So I could easily be as wrong about this as Jim is about guns in Arizona.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

A country that makes tanks can make trucks if it has too. Also as said before much of the aid to Russia was paid for with hard currency and were not 'gifts'.

Reply to
David Eather

I used to live right on the 17th Street Canal. The levee was my running path, including the point of failure.

Ironically, IIRC, the failure was caused by the corrugated steel vertical "reinforcements" they were driving into the earthen banks the last time I visited, as those re-directed the normal, ordinary seepage into a concentrated flow that undermined and ejected...the reinforcements. Then, all hell broke loose.

Cheers,

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

There should have been some sort of locks at the Lake Pointchartrain levee. Or no canal at all.

Mandatory reading for anyone who lives near the Mississippi is "Rising Tide" by John Barry. Read while listening to Randy Newman singing "Louisiana 1927"

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

sist

ined 17th

to the

e. Or

maybe they should have asked the Dutch to help them, even the Italians have managed to come up with a system of gates to protect Venice

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Wrong.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The stuff I saw was from about the time of the last major SF quake. Quite interesting.

You've seen 100 story skyscrapers fall during an earthquake?

What is he wrong about? No permit is needed in AZ. What's not to like?

Reply to
krw

We don't have them that big here. To my way of thinking if there's structural damage that can't be repaired economically it was effectively destroyed.

There's not much left of central Chirstchurch. there was only two major modern buildings collapse in the earthquake , but most of the remainder have since been demolished.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts