Microwave Doppler detector

Dear all,

I have bought a microwave Doppler detector to evaluate the detection distance. However, I find that its detection range is not as good as its claim, which describes that it can detect thieves outside the house through the door, and can be used to compute car velocity. I found that the free air space range is only about 1m using the CRO to see.

The specification can be downloaded at here:

Do I need to add external circuit to amplify and/or filter the output IF signal?

Thanks!

Reply to
cellterry
** Google Groper Alert !!

** As the " typical " output signal is only 200uV - you WILL need some amplification and processing.

An op-amp ( like the NE5534) wired as a LPF with 100 to 100 times gain of should be a boon.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I still cannot achieve the distance 20m as describe in the specification. In the datasheet it mentions to use pulse style supply voltage. Is it the key?

Reply to
cell