M0s go for well under $1.

Reply to
krw

8-bit RISC :)
--
  \_(?)_
Reply to
Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:41:21 -0500 (EST)) it happened bitrex wrote in :

Yea, maybe it is the direction the world is moving, but it also makes humanity vulnerable.

Yes, how the flops-and-flip are connected... I did logic design before there were computers on the market, there were not even any chips, RTL came later. You can make your own processor if you like logic, in FPGA. There is a website with many processor architectures:

Invent your own. I like to be able to talk to the registers directly..

And it is actually pronounced as the a in 'mask', but then 2 'a's in series, like 'maask' -> aap

Languages is fun too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:38:48 -0500) it happened

Lightning hit and all that came out of the pile of smoke was: DecadentDoDo

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:15:16 -0800 (PST)) it happened Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in :

An ARM chip is just a tiny blob in the Universe. ?? I think I know my 8051, but would not use it for a design. But I do not design USB sticks. Are you saying Microchip will go into that sort of stuff?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:22:57 -0500) it happened rickman wrote in :

mm, seems you lack the wetware to even comprehend the simplest things. Maybe a LOT of Atmel sjips will help. But I am not holding my breath, killfiled you long ago, you just broke through because I switched it of to see Winfields reply. You, killfile, and a bunch of other decadent lurkers.

F*cking hell I only posted a reuters link, and asked a question. Irritating arshole.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Jan 2016 16:05:55 -0800) it happened boB wrote in :

Yes Atmel always set a red flag with me, and that was enough to never use those chips, however much everybody else did. Seems I was right.

So I would hope Microchip burns it, it is competition in a small way anyways, maybe there is something useful, and I hope it will not infect Microchip. As simple as that.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 13 Jan 2016 22:07:47 -0500) it happened krw wrote in :

Back in the killfile with you too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (14 Jan 2016 07:01:40 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

It is more of a BIG RISC financially and technically. :-)

Data error.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:21:59 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

Says the idiot who declared that the 8051 was obsolete.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:43:41 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

No. You made some pretty stupid exposures of your inane opinions as well.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:57:48 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

You are an even simpler, smaller "blob in the electronics universe". Way smaller. You don't even rate the size of a spec of shit Trump spattered onto the wall.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:59:38 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

Oh look! The total retard thinks that announcing his filter file edits has some meaningful use in the group.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 08:59:41 GMT, Jan Panteltje Gave us:

You're a true idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Nah,

In Jan's world there is ye olde PIC....

And then there is the RPi.

There shall be no thing in between.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

And they're easier to program, and the if the free tool chain isn't the best, it's damned close.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

The problem is this bizarre meta-language you speak. It is far harder to understand what you try to say than to just read what others respond with. That's why I responded to Winfield and not you. Not trying to bait or argue. I'm just saying what I see.

--

Rick
Reply to

Are you saying the AVR is an 8 bit RISC processor and the 8 bit PICs are not?

I have no love for the PICs. I have no love for the 8051. But many do. If nothing else, we have to acknowledge the utility of a CPU that is second sourced. I expect the 8051 is the only MCU around that pin compatible versions can be found from many makers. I know Joerg finds that to be a vital aspect of using MCUs.

--

Rick
Reply to

I meant that Atmel's M0s go for well under $1. Their M7 is really slick, too.

Reply to
krw