Max t_on in an inverter using a bootstrap capacitor

Hi, I've done a circuit with the ir2113 for an inverter, and to drive the high side device i use a bootstrap capacitor, and i'd like to know how is the max t_on that the capacitor can hold on the high side. The capacitor value is 10uF, and i'm using an igbt(irg4pc50fd), and another thing how can i calculate the time that needs the capacitor to store the charge necessary to turn on the high side IGBT?. Thanks in advance :).

Reply to
overgeo

Check out IR application note an 978

Graham H

Reply to
Graham Holloway

Graham Holloway ha escrito:

HI, thanks for your fast response i had already check out, but i haven't seen anything about max t_on with the cap, and i have seen in the dt-98-s (bbotstrap component selection for control Ic's) that says "the on time of the low side switch must be sufficient to ensure that the charge drawn from the cbs capacitor by the high side driver can fully replanished", but doesn't say how to calculate the minimum on time, in my circuit i got a minimum time of 0.5ms or 1ms, will be enoguh for a 10uF and 400v capacitor?

Reply to
overgeo