Math processor

In article , John Woodgate wrote: [...]

Well you drive on the wrong side of the road too. :)

Yes it is clear now, we were both thinking the same thing, I think.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

I read in sci.electronics.design that Ken Smith wrote (in ) about 'Math processor', on Mon, 29 Aug 2005:

Under British rules, O goes first. Putting a symbol in the centre square at any move AFTER the first results in a winnable game.

John Woodgate

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Buy a DSP developer kit and start from there. Analog Devices SHARC comes to mind. They are cheap, if cheap is around USD 10.

Or buy a Pentium 4/Athlon PC with the proper interface card for whatever you want to do and hack it up in SciPy.

That is cheap too maybe?

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

IBM 360, 370 and 390 will do that easy; they can heat your house too and made to run thousands of instances of Linux!

Probably one can be picked up at an auction.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

I didn't think the 360->390s did Linux. I thought that was a 'z' special.

With the requisite software? I doubt it.

--
  Keith
Reply to

This could be enough. Works very well in microcontroller projects.

Jerry

Reply to
J. Davidson

I don't see precise timing either, although page 4 of

may imply 25 and 75 microseconds for some operations.

-jiw

Reply to
James Waldby

Nice link. On point of buying one but couldn't find any cycle times. Years of reading datasheets leaves the suspicion it could be out in the seconds area. Any idea of a ballpark time for say a multiply? or a Sine?. regards john

Reply to
john jardine

The chip is a Cypress CY8C27143 preprogrammed microcontroller.

The instruction timing for version 1.0 is here. Version 2.0 shouldn't be that different.

Regards! Jerry

Reply to
J. Davidson

Thanks for the info. Also had a (very fast!) reply from a Mr Thompson at MMC. Must say I'm really impressed at it's calculating speed and what they've managed to pack in there. (Looks ideal for use in a job that's coming up). regards john

Reply to
john jardine