Making SSB with a raspberry pi (more for radio hams)

I am not easily surpized, but in the weekend tested this:

on the spectrum analyzer the result for SSB is very good. You need bandpass filtering at the output of course. Amazing IQ play, no external parts required.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

How could one possibly transmit on a 750MHz carrier with a Pi? If it were really possible it would make a nice wireless network.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

On a sunny day (Mon, 13 Nov 2017 06:50:58 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Yes possible, I programmed freq_pi long time ago, it was based on fm_pi by others:

The raspies have several build in PLL synthesizers, the new ones have higher clock speeds than my old ones.

The interesting part here is the how to make these modulation types. Audio or pictures or text is encoded to I and Q values, and those are used to control the raspi hardware. Output on one pin, low pass needed for harmonics (GPIO out is a square wave after all). It works for NBFM, SSB, slow scan TV, and FSQ. And why not for other types of modulation, all software.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 13 Nov 2017 06:50:58 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

PS,

Jan Panteltje

berry-pi/

Lots of good information! PiRate radio transmitter. LOL. FWIW, my own raspies get loaded with FreeBSD-arm.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
Reply to

Spurious City!

Pity Broadcom(?) don't deliberately put a decent RF generator in there.

Reply to
Clifford Heath