Magnetics for ENC28J60

Hello all, I would like to know if I can use an RJ45 socket+transformer combo I ripped off a board that used Realtek 8139 for making some experiments with ENC28J60. Are all Ethernet transformers alike? I have noticed that in 8139 reference design, there are four 75 ohm resistors connected between all the Ethernet lines to the groud. The ENC28J60 doesn't specify them. In the socket I have, it seem like these resistor are already assembled. Should I try to remove them?

Thanks, Avishay

Reply to
avishay

The resistors are for line termination (if there are caps as well it may be a "Bob Smith Termination"), Don't bother trying to remove them.

Some time ago I've looked a bit at Ethernet transformers and found that there are quite a lot of them. They all do the same job, but some do it better than others.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo