magnetic frequencies of the earth's field

A bit OT, but any idea why compasses are inaccurate in certain locations as indicated on aviation sectional? Here is an example:

I have a local bridge that I drive over, at one part of the bridge my compass rotates by 45*. Mike

Reply to
amdx

own

tennis

Or the fact that poor people tend to live near power lines, and that power lines tend to run near highways, where particulates are especially dense.

John

That is why I posted, I thought the earths magnetic field was fairly static and there was no way their device was going to, in their words, "It matches the magnetic frequencies and intensities found in the earth's own field" Just like to point out snake oil salesmen. Mike

Reply to
amdx

The earth's magnetic field has a fundamental frequency of about 0.6E-13 Hz. That's a period of about 500,000 years.

Tell these people to measure the frequency over 10 periods, take an average value and adjust the unit as necessary.

Trust the computer industry to shorten the term "Year 2000" to Y2K.
It was this kind of thinking that got us in trouble in the first place.
        -- Adrian Tyvand
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Excluded by the epidemiologists, you'd figure. They're not dummies.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Dirk