MacDonald Interface

Dr. Jerome F. MacDonald is the senior member of a design team that has long been working in the Dairy Science division of the US Department of Agriculture.

They have come up with a communications input-output (I /O) and interchange code for computers and terminals. The coding is simple, effective, and easy to use. It?s now spreading rapidly to to other government agencies and now is becoming an industry wide standard.

In fact, the code now has an Electronics Industries Evaluationary (EIE) status and should shortly go international.

Thus, the old MacDonald farm interface is now an EIE I/O.

More at

Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

Ewwwwww

Reply to
Lou

I always thought that the E.I.E.I.O. was the farmer's union.

Kris

Reply to
Kris Baker

That was a long way to go to find out the store was closed.

JP

Reply to
Joe Pucillo

You're right; the dog wasn't so shaggy, either.

--
Frank ess
Reply to

Yeah, but did you know that he turned to farming after owning and closing a failing custom transformer business? Where do you hink he came up with E-I, E-I, Oh! in the first place? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

With a Crack Here and a Crack There ...

Reply to
Daniel A. Thomas

With a crack crack here and a crack crack there ...

Reply to
Daniel A. Thomas

Now you're just winding us up!

Reply to
R. Totale

You just don't stay current with your history! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That comment strikes me to the core. Flux you, buddy!

Reply to
R. Totale

No, it's a PowerPC instruction (Enforce Inorder Execution of I/O)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Right about here is where I saw it coming. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And you still did not duck?