Lunch

On Wed, 20 May 2015 22:18:38 -0500, John S Gave us:

Rare getting a civil post out of you.

You must be back on the Lithium.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Den torsdag den 21. maj 2015 kl. 01.24.36 UTC+2 skrev DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno:

LD50 is relative to body weight so you have to drink more than a liter per kg of body weight, the alcohol would kill you before the thujone had any effect

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Why do you have such anger and hostility to something you need not react to at all? Let's discuss the real cause of your hostility. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Quote from the wiki.

"Thujone is most famous for being a compound in the spirit absinthe. In the past it was thought that absinthe contained up to 260?350 mg/L thujone,[12] but modern tests have shown this to be far too high. A 2008 study of 13 pre-ban (1895?1910) bottles using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) found that the bottles had between 0.5 mg/L and

48.3 mg/L and averaged 25.4 mg/L [13][14] A 2005 study recreated three 1899 high-wormwood recipes and tested with GC-MS, and found that the highest contained 4.3 mg/L thujone.[15] GC-MS testing is important in this capacity, because gas chromatography alone may record an inaccurately high reading of thujone as other compounds may interfere with and add to the apparent measured amount.[16]"

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Is that for a mouse or an elephant? Is that 1970 cannabis or todays? You need to figure out how to quote your numbers so they have some meaning.

I don't know, Fischer rats don't do to well on tetrahydrocannabinol. The iv LD50 was 36?40 mg/kg, similar to the inhalation dose when the latter was corrected for ?9-THC losses in the rodent nasal passages.

vs.

LD50, of alpha-thujone, the more active of the two isomers, in mice is around 45 mg/kg,

Mikek

I know, most of us here aren't mice.

Reply to
amdx

$21,950? Would have to be a pretty special occasion.

The absinthe sounds interesting. I can get this stuff locally:

They do say it makes the heart grow fonder.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Ok Spehro. You're cut off.

Reply to
Tom Miller

On Thu, 21 May 2015 07:33:50 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Your first mistake.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 21 May 2015 07:52:22 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Absolute horseshit. Early 1970's federal gov sponsored propaganda, child. Try again.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You need to watch "Reefer Madness" !

Reply to
jurb6006

I get the burger. It's so good, I haven't tried anything else.

Rum and coke or beer. That wine might not pair well with a burger.

That neighborhood, Hayes Valley, used to be a slum with a freeway ramp on top. The '89 earthquake took out the freeway, and the neighborhood has blossomed into another Gourmet Gulch. Ditto The Embarcadero, same dynamics: freeway, slum, earthquake, destination. Creative destruction.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

On Fri, 22 May 2015 11:45:54 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Then... shut the f*ck up is an even more appropriate response to your query.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Fri, 22 May 2015 11:45:54 -0500, amdx Gave us:

A Winston Churchill you're not.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

During the filming of "On Golden Pond", Henry Fonda invited his co-star Katharine Hepburn to have some after-dinner drinks in front of the fireplace. She had brought a bottle of Absinthe to share, and Henry was struggling to light the fire with crumpled newspapers and twigs. She filled her glass, splashed it into the fireplace, and the flames dramatically erupted and the fire was instantly ablaze. Henry was quite impressed, and Katharine said, "Absinthe makes the hearth glow, Fonda!"

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

An impressively painful pun! That's what you get with professional writers and such like.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Perhaps you should follow his example.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Dear-oh dear! No wonder you septics are such fat bastards!

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Lucky for my metabolism, the closest DD is about 1000 miles away. I try to stay below 160 lbs; that seems to help my thinking.

And my parents were married.

We have relatives in Boston, who come out a couple of times a year to ski and hike, and they are contracted to pick up a box of donuts at the airport on the way out.

On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:19:31 +0100, Pomegranate Bastard Gave us:

Dear oh dear? You're a total Retard..

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 26 May 2015 09:46:45 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Your capacity to make a valid assessment of others rests firmly at nil.