LTSpice: Slow on noise sims with foreign opamps

You need to be careful while "sitching" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

If you want to play with TI psrts perhaps try the free TI spice program "TINA"

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Usually if spice is choking, there is something wrong with the circuit. Now you can't float single nodes in spice, but you can have nets that should be tied to something that might be floating.

I would look carefully at the connectivity of the subcircuit.

Reply to
miso

anymore)

input

guys.

degree

LTSpice.

Reply to
Joerg

Well, I don't want to learn a new CAD everytime a vendor thinks they absolutely have to boil their own proprietary broth. The stuff I do with it often gets to be complicated and that would take a long learning curve every time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

See...

...Jim Thompson

anymore)

input

gives

No

guys.

degree

LTSpice.

Nope. It means that it DID find the OPerating point.

You probably don't have the .AC set up properly. I've just posted another pass. ...Jim Thompson

anymore)

input

gives

No

guys.

degree

LTSpice.

But no workie.

So how come other opamp model work fine with exactly the same setup?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That's what I get with the other opamps (in my case nV/rtHz because that's what I want). I guess the model works in PSpice but for some reason it doesn't in LTSpice

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Parasitics not properly included in the faulty engine?

Reply to
SoothSayer

anymore)

in

stepping

ballpark

input

gives

No

hands-on guys.

degree

included

4140

LTSpice.

Hey Joerg, are you the Bear of spice ?-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

I am not sure many know just how funny that is.

Reply to
DraconisExtinctor

Ursus simulatorus? :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

anymore)

in

stepping

ballpark

input

gives

No

hands-on guys.

degree

included

4140

LTSpice.

Ya got the set-up wrong. ...Jim Thompson

I'm still betting there's two possibilities... pin order wrong, or .AC set-up wrong. ...Jim Thompson

anymore)

in

stepping

ballpark

input

gives

before. No

hands-on guys.

degree

included

4140

case,

in

LTSpice.

V1.

V2.

That doesn't explain why the other opamps work just fine.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

anymore)

in

stepping

ballpark

input

gives

take a

before. No

hands-on guys.

degree

included

not

4140

case,

in

LTSpice.

V1.

V2.

Show me the setups... maybe the pin order is doing you in? ...Jim Thompson

anymore)

opamp in

stepping

ballpark

constellations, input

gives

take a

of a

before. No

hands-on guys.

degree

as

ID#

with

included

not

4140

case,

in

on

LTSpice.

rearrangement

V1.

V2.

Looks like LTspice order, for OpAmp2 symbol is...

IN+ IN- V+ V- Vout ...Jim Thompson

anymore)

opamp in

stepping

ballpark

constellations, input

what gives

take a

of a

before. No

hands-on guys.

one degree

as

ID#

with

included

because

not

4140

case,

10k in

on

fit LTSpice.

(Rearranged

rearrangement

V1.

V2.

not?

Hmm, the OPA model is -IN +IN V- V+ Vout.

Is that customary at TI, or in the old Burr-Brown world? If so the I should make a OpAmp2TI or something.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Looks like pin order (the one you initially suggested as well as the one the OPA model has), thanks for the hint.

But now SWMBO wants me to start the barbecue. Pizza over charcoal, in the Weber, yummmm. With lots of Jalapenos on there. Those burn twice ...