Low Power Caches

Hi all

I am just doing some experiments with low power caches, called drowsy caches. I am using Hotleakage to simulate the behaviour of the cache. I am simulating a datacache with 1024 lines each holding

64 bytes. The data array of the cache has a power consumption of 0.025 W if all lines are active. If some lines are in drowsy mode the power consumption is less, each line in drowsy mode saving around 10e-08 W. Obviously I can detect this difference in my simulation but I wonder if I could also detect such a change in practice with real measurement devices? Are there devices that can detect a difference of lets say 10 lines are in drowsy mode to all lines are active or will there be too much noise?

Many thanks for usefull comments, P

Reply to
Patrick