Low noise swithching supplies

What current is required out of each of those supplies (peak and average)?

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Tayloe? Ah, a switched-capacitor RF detector:

... cool.

Might consider synchronizing the switchers to the VFO, suitably scaled, thereby zero-beating any switcher noise.

The switcher itself, of course, needs shielded magnetics, and a shielded box.

Regards, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Begging your indulgence again, learned gentlemen...

I am looking again at a Tayloe Rx (that's why the 74ACT163 /4 counter etc)

Using DDS and various level shifting circuits for logic, need negative supplies for opamps etc I want max efficiency for a portable unit so looking at switching regulators Obviously keen to keep RF noise to a minimum Devices would need to be available in small MOQ and reasonably cheap

What solutions would you use for +8V, +5V, +3.3V, +1.8V, -8V, all from 12V? What shielding, filtering etc would be required?

Grateful for pointers

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard Hosking

None to exceed 200mA, the greatest will be the 1.8V supply. The 3.3V and

5V will be of the order of 50mA max

Richard

PeteS wrote:

Reply to