Looking for pulse-rated zener.

...my Gamma is a *real* RAY of sunshine...

Reply to
Robert Baer

...As well as a sump pump to keep the water table (in the basement area) at least 5 feet below the basement floor? A sump pump, i understand, will do that for a radius of 25 feet or so.

Reply to
Robert Baer

You discriminate against greengrocer's. I say put astropope's where you feel like!

Reply to
Paul Burke

Yes thanks thats what i was asking, as both cases have the vds>20v @ high curent. Trying to think of a way of avoiding it yet still using a more deterministic way of setting the peak voltage.

Actualy i was wondering if a cascode mosfet arangement would behave any better, again it might make it less noticable as the bottom device would stay more in control of the current, although i would be worried about this as long ago I had some nasty oscilations when i was trying to make a high voltage power supply with several series mosfets (600v mosfets were very limited at the time), but unfortunatly i never had the time (or the experience back then) to get to the bottom of all the diferent modes of oscilations.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

Check the rental laws. I understand that in most states (US) that a lease of one year or more, even tho it *states* one year (or more) in reality means "indefinite" which translates to *any* amount of time the renter desires. Some states may require the lease to state one year and one day at minimum for that interpretation. A lease less than one year runs for the specified period. Something to consider and use.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I guess i better use some of my "pocket lint" and get that shack...

Reply to
Robert Baer