looking for instrument that can do 2 channel phase comparison

Thanks! So that confirms my calcs.

Reply to
John S

Aw crap -- I slipped a digit. I always take the time to double-check my calculations on a calculator or math package when I'm getting paid for it, but not always when it's a newsgroup question...

200mm in coax that has the close-to-typical 2/3 velocity factor that makes the math easy. Whatever 200mm / 360 degrees is, that's how many mm/ degree.
--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

In free space, yes. Coax velocity factor is enough lower than unity that you have to take it into account.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Thanks for taking time to make an answer. I knew you had the number off, but the gist of what you were trying to say was more about i/q processing.

Reply to
djlocher56

there on

good

degree.

Yup. i made hash of my arithmetic right from the start.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Probably less, dependant on velocity factor.

298mm / 360 degress * velocity_factor,
--
umop apisdn
Reply to