Looking for a pressure sensor adapted to vacuum

We have cheap Motorola MPXA4114A sensors but thay have a plastic case and an inaccessible area. Is there anything clean, well adapted to vacuum? The max pressure is 100 kPa.

Bye,

--
Jean-Pierre Coulon
Reply to

google vacuum pressure sensor

Reply to
Steve Wilson

More info is needed. What's wrong with the plastic sensor? We use these.

'real' vacuum sensors tend to cost more... I've always wanted to make a convectron TC gauge.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Did you mean a Pirani sensor?

It doesn't work well above 0.5 Torr, though the pulsed version is claimed to be good to 75 Torr.

One Torr is 133.322368 Pa so 100kPa is 750 Torr, or about one atmosphere.

Capacitative pressure gauges, like the Baratron

are much nicer, but much more expensive.

I dreamt of an electrostatic force feedback version of the Baratron (it's in my Ph.D. thesis) with a really small (sub-Passchen) gap, but never worked anywhere where I could sell the idea.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

google convectron, first hit,

It's like a pirani, but you also measure the convection losses... a pirani that goes to 1 atm. I made one out of a thermistor, it was OK, not great. George H.

Reply to
George Herold

An opened 32kHz crystal will run slower depending on the air density... will density work for you? or do you need pressure?

--
  Notsodium is mined on the banks of denial.
Reply to