LM317L 20% out of spec

do

pump.)

Pretty stable, though. You can calibrate them with a relay-based F-V converter.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

V-F, I mean--and probably current-to-frequency is the ticket.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

NPOs seem very good all round though, if capacitance is low enough.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

The NP0 available values have been gradually creeping up-- to a good fraction of a uF now (albeit at a price).

We made up a little board tester to make sure that assemblers cleaned the boards properly -- not particularly low-Z but 50G ohms leakage causes about 1ppm error, which is big).

(currently over Kirkuk in an A380- despite the .nl IP address- .. ain't technology wonderful!)

Reply to
speff

The NP0 available values have been gradually creeping up-- to a good fraction of a uF now (albeit at a price).

We made up a little board tester to make sure that assemblers cleaned the boards properly -- not particularly low-Z but 50G ohms leakage causes about 1ppm error, which is big).

(currently over Kirkuk in an A380- despite the .nl IP address- .. ain't technology wonderful!)

Reply to
speff

On a sunny day (Sat, 6 Oct 2012 05:30:37 -0700 (PDT)) it happened speff wrote in :

of a uF now (albeit at a price).

boards properly -- not particularly low-Z but 50G ohms

technology wonderful!)

The only IP address in your headers is: NNTP-Posting-Host: 213.52.184.7

That resolves to the UK: # ip_to_country -i 213.52.184.7 ip=213.52.184.7 (3577001991) "GB" "UNITED KINGDOM"

It belongs to # whois 213.52.184.s to: inetnum: 213.52.184.0 - 213.52.185.255 netname: TC-OnAir

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 06 Oct 2012 12:57:16 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

of a uF now (albeit at a price).

boards properly -- not particularly low-Z but 50G

technology wonderful!)

PS, but Telecity Groups is also regsistered in the Netherlands it seems, but their office is in London. They only give a London phone number.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

fraction of a uF now (albeit at a price).

boards properly -- not particularly low-Z but 50G

technology wonderful!)

Interesting. I used geobytes on my IP and it said Netherlands, but it's possible it was wrong or maybe even changes (satellite). It should show a more accurate location atm.

--sp

Reply to
speff

Interesting! What airline? What do they charge for inflight wireless access?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The last USAir flight I was on (about a month ago) advertised, in the seat pocket magazine, that WiFi was coming to all their flights. ...Jim Thompson

As long as it's not like with inflight phones 20-some years ago. Everybody cheered, until everybody realized that this privilege cost five to ten bucks a minute.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That's probably how it'll be. Bag charges have become so nasty that I've taken to shipping ahead my clothing if I'm doing a week-long trip. (Besides, I've always hated dragging suitcases along :-) ...Jim Thompson

That plus you are more likely to have your cloths and valuables when you get there. And the insurance is marginally better.

Reply to
tm

Emirates, they're not bad at all, very friendly cabin staff too.

Access is only $15 USD for 100M, which I found sufficient for the 12 hr flight (no videos)- used about 3/4 of it including listening to the radio (from LA and TO) for an hour or so. It's no problem to share the login between multiple devices, and of course there are 120V outlets at the seats.

Needs care.. overage was priced at $0.073/100k which is $730/G so you should renew the 100M (only $150/G then) unless it's a very slight overage. I might try it with audio Skype next time. It's a little pokey, but hey..

I can even pick up streaming video from my office cam and catch miscreants "borrowing" file folders.

--sp-

Reply to
speff

multiple devices, and of course there are 120V outlets at the seats.

might try it with audio Skype next time. It's a little pokey, but hey..

Very nice. $15 for such a long flight is very decent. I would only use it to pull datasheets, canvas Digikey, and so on. Plus maybe listen to African tunes although the entertainment system of United's Boeing 777 in August had a gazillion audio channels including almost a dozen with African music.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Emirates long haul bag allowance STARTS at 2 bags of 50+ lbs (23kg) each (t hat's economy with no tier). Business class gets 2 bags at 70+ lbs (32kg) e ach. Both are usually more than I want to move around, even with business s tuff. Part of the reason why I picked them! Even on long haul some airlines are now charging for every bag, which is a PITA. What's next, charging for carry-ons? I did take a discount Asian airline last year that charged for bags and meals (reasonable prices) and prohibited outside _food_!(in theory anyway, Asians seem to carry pantries with them when they travel for whate ver reason). At $50-75 for a short hop ticket on a modern aircraft, can't r eally complain.

--sp

--sp

Reply to
speff

The 100M should be fine for that.. work-wise I had preloaded about 10 PDF s tandards documents for an architecture-level design I'm working on, maybe 1

5M total, so they could have been easily retrieved, but even spoken podcast s eat through bandwidth quickly. Here's hoping this becomes a ubiquitous se rvice and prices don't go through the roof. VPN seemed to work, whereas it' s blocked here in the UAE (worse than China).

--sp

Reply to
speff

do

pump.)

Yeah that was a sad day, most of them were 72AD models. There were some BD models. I got one of each here at my home base.. The BD was one of the Lab units while the others were on the production floor.

Have not turn them on for some time now.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

of a uF now (albeit at a price).

(...and size).

boards properly -- not particularly low-Z but 50G ohms leakage causes about 1ppm error, which is big).

technology wonderful!)

Reply to
krw

multiple devices, and of course there are 120V outlets at the seats.

might try it with audio Skype next time. It's a little pokey, but hey..

Well, just came back on an A380 from Lufthansa into Houston. No Wifi on board, according to a light attendant only their 747's have that :-(

But other than that it was quite pleasant, good food and service, very quiet ride. Ok, we started 2h late because a brake system error didn't want to go away despite two re-boots which require power-cycling the whole (!) aircraft. I guess some design group forgot the reset button. And later the IFE in the seat-back froze up. Luckily nobody was in the seat next to me so I just continued using that one. The movies and music CDs on the IFE were quite good.