LIRR

Hi,

LIRR contacted me to appear for the pre scan test for the position of Electrical Engineer. Does anyone know about the format of the test and how should I prepare for it?

Thanks

erica

Reply to
erica.cross1989

No. But if you know your subject, all's well.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Its true. But I do not know what topics will come in the test. I have been doing Java programming for past 3 years now.

Will the test be about Motors, Power etc?

Will the test be similar to "FE electrical and computer engineering test".

Electrical Engineering is a very big field. I guess, I am just trying to figure out where to start.

erica

Reply to
erica.cross1989

Its true. But I do not know what topics will come in the test. I have been doing Java programming for past 3 years now.

Will the test be about Motors, Power etc?

Will the test be similar to "FE electrical and computer engineering test".

Electrical Engineering is a very big field. I guess, I am just trying to figure out where to start.

erica

Reply to
erica.cross1989

Do you have any idea what the job requirements are? Given that it's the LIRR, there may be no correlation, but...

Reply to
krw

For a railroad, I'd look at 60 Hz Three Phase, and DC Power Transmission, Electric Motive Power, and Fail Safe or Interlocking Signaling.

Helps to go to a Railfan site and see what LIRR uses for Trains/Traction.

Otherwise if you had a good EE education, you should not worry.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Never seen the LIRR test but a guess would be basic electronics. Just to see where you would fit. From there single systems, communications and then the power stuff which is more mechanic work. The vetting process may be more psychological on the first sitting (Verizon does that).

It's not easy to get in unless you know someone or someone recomended you. Brookhaven is the same.

cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle