Light for a gun safe

"Go Missing?" How many people have access to this "safe?" If people are breaking into OPs safe and stealing stuff, an automagical lamp isn't going to have much effect.

--
Cheers!
Rich

Chris W wrote in news:FVS6e.306$yO2.110@lakeread07:

The LT1932 can dim with a photoresistor,perhaps.

See the Linear Technology website.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Dunno, I have lots of things that only I use that seem to go missing regularly. See the recent discussion of sox and writing implements.

--
  Keith
Reply to

That's what I was implying. The original poster wanted some permanent installation. Keeping the flashlight tied to the safe makes it permanent. It makes it even a bit harder to take the flashlight somewhere else where it might be forgotten, and not in the safe when it's needed.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

(Shaking head...) :)

Reply to
Mark Jones

What if the batteries leak corrosive chemicals onto your expensive guns?

Reply to
Mark Jones

If he intends to leave the flashlight unattended for months or years, and use the cheapest "heavy duty" batteries he can get, he could put it in a ziploc bag. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Mark Jones wrote in news:r7udnV snipped-for-privacy@buckeye-express.com:

They would have to leak out of the flashlight first. I doubt alkalines would leak that much.

Another clue would be a inoperative flashlight.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sure, but it seems that Rich the didn't get it.

--
  Keith
Reply to

A limerick packs laughs anatomical Into space that is quite economical. But the good ones I've seen So seldom are clean, And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

Fast wine, old women, loose cars.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.