LED experiment

I sorted through my collection of clear LED's, cleaned them, surface heated them to remove any scratches, etc.. Then I sprayed them totally with mirror reflective paint and hung them out to dry..

I am performing an experiment that some one else I know claim did.

When they are dry, I will be putting them under my boom scope into a jig to put the smallest surface hole I can at the head of the LED.

THe idea is to see how much reflective light stays in phase to multiple then emissions when it finally comes out the tip.

I know LEDs are not made like LAser LED's but This is just an experiment to see if it is possible to narrow the focus a bit but not actually get a tight one like a laser.

I suspect the heat with in is going to cook the surface of the mirror compound and the reflection percentage is going to be low compared to a real glass mirror.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie