LED driver

Seems you're clueless as well.

Reply to
krw

What's all this nonsense about clues? If people know something about a circuit, why don't they just say it?

Precision electronic instrumentation

They don't. That's the point.

Reply to
krw

It absolutely is. All your circuit has to do is mess up once, which it can do in real life, and it's hung in the latch state that I described.

If you know of a reason why it will recover, post it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

As usual, your ignorant self sits on the sidelines with nothing to
say, just waiting for a chance to snipe so you can prove to yourself
that you're not dead yet.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
I haven't even considered your "critique", nor will I, because I
consider it a total waste of time since all you're really interested

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
Often, because it's just not worth putting up with your self-serving
bullshit.

--
Hoisted by your own petard and you don't even know it.

Delicious!

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

--
_Argumentative_ self-serving bullshit, I meant to say...

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

It was Jim that posted "VoltageIndicator_NoHang.pdf", and I showed him how it can indeed hang. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do.

Precision electronic instrumentation

I'm well aware of who posted what, as my reference to your
"critique" should have made clear.

hook or by crook - to pretend to be reasonable in the hope of being
able to find a platform from which to shout praises to yourself.

John Fields
Reply to
John Fields

Wrong. I'm here to talk about electronics, and share what I know.

Why are you here?

Precision electronic instrumentation

Projecting. Again!

Reply to
krw

That should be obvious, to learn from you!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 14:27:58 -0400, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

Better call the funeral home then.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Perhaps you should demonstrate that it can get there; instead of assuming that is gets there in the first place.

You made the presumption that there is a path to that state, prove it.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

how it

Error! Error! Error! You are here to brag and denigrate, it is a simple matter of track record. You never admit any imperfection; yet find flaws in everything and everyone.

Check your ego at the office please.

Other than that, you do discuss electronics, just you treat most everybody as your inferiors. Why don't you have the wit to get that?

To discuss electronic design, both give and receive.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Poke in a noise glitch, EMI or ESD or something, at just the right time, namely when the cap voltage is low. The Q1Q3 latch looks damned sensitive to me, right next to a 5KV pulse generator.

But the issue was whether it has a hang state at all - hence the file name - and it does.

If a circuit has a fatal hang state, the burden if proof is that it *impossible* to get into it. That's Jim's responsibility, not mine.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Not so. In this particular case, the HV LED indicator, the problem is sufficiently difficult that almost every proposed solution has had serious problems. My mosfet-bipolar Schmitt has only moderate problems.

There are lots of civil discussions going on here.

OK, take a shot at the blinker problem.

Precision electronic instrumentation

So now, instead of simply admitting to an error, - anathema to you -
you move the goalposts, take the lesser of two weevils, and state
that The Larkin Way is bothered by "only moderate problems", while
that of the rabble is besieged by serious problems.

That sounds pretty narcissistic / elitist to me.
Reply to
John Fields