Leaking Electrolytics

Really?

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You don't manage all that well. The vital tit-bit of information came from electrochemistry, which isn't covered in detail in hobby electronics, but was part of my undergraduate chemistry course - John Larkin's did at least first year chemistry too, but robablyu wasn't paying attention to that bit of the course.

The kind that involves you telling everybody that you know more about anthropogenic global warming than the academic experts on the subject, because you studied some dubious data published in the 1890's, and have ignored all the work that has been done since then?

That's more of a crapping contest - with all the crap coming from you.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Oh yes. No doubt a professional repair technician would find a way around it, but it's above my pay grade.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom
[...]

Would you please do us all the courtesy of ignoring him?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

You mean there's a *syllabus* for hobby electronics?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I seem to have missed the freshman chemistry classes about electrolytic capacitors. I was robablyu out sailing or something.

Reply to
john larkin

I'll try. I'll really try.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In the sense that you do have to learn stuff to be able be good enough at it for it to be worth pursuing as a hobby. Cursitor Doom hasn't learned all that much, and he resents having his short-comings pointed out.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

It wasn't explicitly about electrolytic capacitors - if there was practical reference it was to anodising aluminium, with a passing reference to why you didn't have to anodise chromium or stainless steel.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

And he will fail.

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I'm deeply honoured that you're making the exact same criticism of me as you make of John Larkin, Bill. That's a hell of a compliment for me as a mere hobbyist. Thanks!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No Bill, I shall not. You think you can drag me back into your endless and pointless to-and-fro exchanges by misrepresenting my research and attempting to undermine it. And I'm jolly well not falling for it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ignore him! You are rasslin with a pig and he enjoys it.

But an electronic hobbyist is not "mere". It's a cool thing to do.

I note that he's editing his absurd mis-spelling of "probably", even in my posts and his replies.

Reply to
john larkin

OK, *never* respond to him again. Never.

Reply to
john larkin

And, yet... you fell for it, like a moth to a flame.

Ignoring him means: "do not post a reply (any reply) to *anything* he says".

But you won't be able to stop either, because you suffer from the same mental damage that Darius pointed out that Bill also suffers from. Both of you feel you must have "the last word".

Reply to
Keegan Major

Yes, I spotted that. I had a good laugh when I saw what you did in the prevous post. :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No, Bill is the one who must always have the last word every time. I know that so just let him have it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yes sir, no problem. You'll see.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, he rags me for my occasional mis-spellings. I wish he'd learn the difference between its and it's.

I wish even more that he would be civil, or go away. Giant stupid flame wars drive good people away.

Reply to
john larkin

It's a great shame, because he *can* be very informative on those few occasions when he chooses to be.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom