Kick-starting and LED ??

I'm guessing

ad that

.

bout to avalanche).

I created the file life-size in Photoshop Elements (believe it on not). What a total pain in the ass that was. Would it kill JRPanel.com to offer an editing tool?

I did review the PDF order file, but didn't see any artifacts from the crea tion side of things. And I don't know how they lay down the conductive tra cks (raster?, or vector? random?), or how they attach the LED's to said tra cks So, hard to say where all the wet stuff "really" travels. The failure rate on this most recent order was the same as before ~ 2%.

It's in layers (most of which are some translucent white plastic sheeting ( for lack of a better term), all glued together. So between the white layer s and (whatever color?) glue, we couldn't see anything obvious under the mi croscope - but that doesn't conclusively rule it out either.

Reply to
mpm

). I'm guessing

Had that

h).

about to avalanche).

eation side of things. And I don't know how they lay down the conductive t racks (raster?, or vector? random?), or how they attach the LED's to said t racks So, hard to say where all the wet stuff "really" travels. The failu re rate on this most recent order was the same as before ~ 2%.

(for lack of a better term), all glued together. So between the white lay ers and (whatever color?) glue, we couldn't see anything obvious under the microscope - but that doesn't conclusively rule it out either.

I would expect a graphic designer to use Adobe Illustrator or maybe Inkscap e and output the PDF from that. Certainly no bitmaps. They're fairly complex programs to master. I'm somewhat competent, but partly because I used to write membrane keyboard graphics in raw Postscript back in the dark ages, and the underlying model is the same. Also I understand traps, knockouts an d overprints from doing multi-color screen printing manually. The vendor probably adjusts the artwork for you in this case.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

I could not get Illustrator to run on my PC. (That was my first choice.) It used to work just fine, but something's obviously happened to it.

But yes - I suspect JRPanel is doing something to the file. The reason I say that is you have to upload your file to them first, and then wait. Later on, they send an email that the file is accepted and only then can you pay for your order.

Reply to
mpm

OK then why only the green leds? George H.

Reply to
George Herold

George Herold wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

An dyslexic kid made an image (of John Cena)with 750 rubic's cubes on the floor, top side only for the image. He used over 85% only red squares.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If there's a small quantity of ink involved, only a stroke which crosses a narrow gap will short; it depends on the path taken by the ink-bearing mechanism between traces. So, you'd need not only to examine the pattern, but the path that the print mechanism used to print it, and maybe the speed as well.

Or, it could be a screen printing, with just a bit of a wrinkle in the screen...

Reply to
whit3rd