Keithley 2100 DVM

Don't buy one. It powers up in insane modes, pretty much unusable by humans, the menus are obtuse to get it under control, and you can't save the settings. You can save *some* settings, just the obscure ones that don't matter/are potentially dangerous. And they have informed me that they aren't going to fix it.

Their last email informs me that I bought a cheap DVM, and if I wanted it to work right I should have ordered one of their more expensive ones.

Hardware seems to keep getting better, and firmware keeps getting worse. There are *three* microprocessors in this DVM, each with versions and bugs.

Anybody got the new Fluke, the 8845A? Their web site is sure a horror.

John

So they diss their own products? Great. I guess we might as well buy our tools from Asian manufacturers then. I found out they aren't bad at all and the pricing is really good.

Can you still return it?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

If I had any Keithly stock I'd sell it, I think.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Same here :-(

Why are some companies so haphazard in their attitudes towards customers and towards quality? What John just described sounds like corporate suicide to me. The fact that they seemed to even have put it in writing really blows my mind.