Analog Ground -- bead.

Hey everyone,

In our last design when we bring in our battery ground we immediately route it through a ferrite bead and this becomes our analog ground. (AGND). Don't we want this ground connection to be our lowest impedance point even at higher frequencies? If this is true would we want to remove this bead and route directly to AGND?

Thank you for any insight!

-B

Reply to
blanko

In general, B- should go directly to your board's ground plane. And there should only be one ground plane. But situations vary.

What sort of product is it?

John

In my 20+ years in industry I never had any reason to RF-isolate the GND terminal of a battery. Did you get into EMI issues or what was the reason?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.