=?iso-8859-1?q?Cheap_=B5C_boards_to_discover_embedded_programming_=3F?=

Hello,

I want to learn to program micro controllers but I don't know how to start. I've seen some development kit from manufacturers but I think most are too expensive. On the other hand, searching for "atmega" on eBay, I found those

cheap board that seem powerfull. They seem complete, with everything needed to program them. Do you think they are a good deal ? Is buying in asia the key ? Do you know other better "sub-or-around" $100 dev kits ?

Jean

Reply to
theBrave

What's wrong with the Atmel STK500? US$79.

J.A. Legris

You can get Basic stamp kits at Radio Shack. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to learn assembly language or embedded C Basic Stamps are probably not the way to go. Checkout Mouser and Digikey also.

Good luck and have fun, Ed V.

Reply to
EdV

If you are interested in an ARM development, have a look at

and $24.90
$24.90 The ARM Stamp module is a Philips LPC2119 Microcontroller with 128kb Internal Flash that plugs into a real flexable ARM prototyping carrier board. Carrier board has RS-232, JTAG and LCD interface sockets.

If you are into Atmel AVRs see (slightly cheaper than the ARM)

and $19.90
$24.90 The AVR Stamp module is an Atmel ATMega128 Microcontroller with 128kb Internal Flash that plugs into the real flexable AVR prototyping carrier board. Carrier board has RS-232, JTAG and LCD interface sockets.

I think these are real good value for money. Their mail order service was good (2 ARMs :-)

Enjoy

Gerhard van den Berg CSIR

Reply to
Gerhard