Is this the "battery" breakthrough?

Article about high voltage ultracap with high capacity and low weight.

I hope it can be made to meet the hype, now if we just can get nuclear energy going in the USA.

Mike

Reply to
amdx

This has already been looked over by capacitor experts, and it looks like hogwash-- yes you can make capacitors with ultra-capacity using barium titanate, but as soon as you apply significant voltage, the capacitance of this material goes waaaaaaaaay down. In other words, it may measure 1000 Farads per cm^3 on the capacitance meter, which applies 10mv AC, but as soon as you try applying DC, the capacitance goes down by a factor of 10 or more.

Now *maybe* they've found some way to dope the material with transfrangified Blue Kryptonite to nullify this major contrusion, but that's not mentioned in TFA.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker