Is the die form dying?

Hello everyone,

recently I talked to a manufacturer of optohybrids and was told that they often have difficulties to get certain parts in die form. A reason could be that nowadays SMT is preferred, so instead of an optohybrid one should design a photodiode and some SMDs for procurement's sake.

Is this true? Is a design using die forms really obsolete? After reading

I get the impression that some manufacturers really have certain concerns here.

I wouldn't mind switching to SMT, though I'm a little afraid of noise. Does anyone here have similar experience?

Best regards Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Buehler