Is it legal to have a dynamic MAC address?

--
Bullshit.

All you are now, ever have been, and ever will be, is an annoying troll
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

MAC addresses are not 100% unique. Manufacturers get 24 bits to play with.0 That is not really a problem though. >200 devices on one ethernet 'segment' is pushing the limits of maintainability.

The best thing to do is hijack a MAC address range which isn't in use (i.e. the company assigned to the range only exists on paper).

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

[snip display of severe derangement disorder]

So shun him already!

I see NO yahoo posts _except_ for those people I have on my white-list. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Just think of him as the 'Roto-Rooter' of Usenet.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

This from the total retard that claims to be making such a retarded f*****ad device.

BTW, dumbfuck. Filter file edit announcements are even more retarded than using a filter to begin with is. You are one such total retard.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Are you sure that is what is happening, idiot?

Reply to
Bungalow Bill

"A collection of interconnected networks is called an *internetwork*, or just *internet*".

"Computer Networks", Third Edition, Andrew S. Tanenbaum 1.2.5

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Come on, Fred. WTF does AlwaysWrong have to do with correct anything?

Reply to
krw

"internet" correct usage IS "Internet", and refers to THE Internet, dumbfucktard! local nets and even WANS between locations are intranets, NOT "internets" like the dippy twit stated.

If that dippy twit was you, so be it.

Reply to
FatBytestard

WRONG! Ther are intranets. You should learn the difference.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Torvalds used UNIX from ATT. THAT was Linux' predecessor. But I guess that you manipulate facts at every turn.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Damned shame that you were not at the epicenter in Chile this morning. I wouldn't have to be reading your bullshit.

You idiots ARE variations of the stupid behavior that otherwise presumably intelligent adults act out.

It is not a reference to those that are congenitally retarded, idiot.

You do not seem to get it. It is like car timing. Smart man, by choice, retards his education and behavior into stupid convolutions of bent reality.

You are one such RETARD.

No, it marks you idiot, claim to be adult, claim to be educated dolts as exactly what you are, by your own choice.

The term has ONLY referred to THE Internet for over a decade now.

Reply to
FatBytestard

AlwaysWrong is, once again, wrong.

Wrong again, but again, no surprise.

Reply to
krw

Where did I say that Torvalds used it? I said that it was *a* predecessor.

Thomas Jefferson was *a* predecessor to Barack Obama.

In fact, Torvalds wrote the original Linux kernel to use the MINIX filesystem, The Extended filesystem came after. But I didn't say that either.

English comprehension, D-

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Inter - between

Intra - within

Two or more intranets will be connected by an internet.

Basic usage of English words with Latin roots.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Are you grading on a curve? That's the best grade AlwaysWrong has ever gotten.

Reply to
krw

"For e'en though vanquish'd he could argue still; While words of learned length and thund'ring sound Amazed the gazing rustics rang'd around."

Oliver Goldsmith: "The Village Schoolmaster"

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Link:

This is a 25-watt version. I have to find the catalog for the company that makes the 125-watt version. Was out of town, so sorry for the delay in responding.

Reply to
mpm

ty.

ever