"Introduction to Semiconductor Devices" by Widlar - Anybody Has This Book?

ISTR that many 60s/early70s books did. A neuron relating to "ease of manufacture" is firing, but the SNR is too low for comfort.

The period described by Widlar is almost like the "Cambrian explosion" in that he describes some odd structures that seem to have died out without leaving a trace.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I seem to recall the first one was point contact so I believe they only form PNP transistors.

--

Rick
Reply to

It's listed here, but with you using a different access you may not have it available., so will do.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Works in this case, but not if there's a bad index or unreadable directory, and I've found that such sites often dump hundreds of files in one directory.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Thank you Chris Jones and snipped-for-privacy@sushi.com! Thanks a tonne!! Didn't know one has to look there. :)

Regards, Anand

Reply to
Anand P. Paralkar

The title was not actually "Introduction to Semiconductor Devices". That was just the title of the first section of his six-section course, which is now available here:

gwarner

snipped-for-privacy@boysmindbooks.com wrote on 6/2/2017 1:44 PM:

Is that the same material as this?

Rick C
Reply to
rickman

Early publications like "Hole Injection in Germanium- Quantitative Studies and Filamentary Transistors" by William Shockley et al., Bell System Technical Journal V. 28, July, 1949 referred to the Germanium as N-type, so it'd be a PNP transistor. Later, when practical devices were produced, the metallurgy preferred P-type (because, ISTR, indium was a convenient alloy dopant material).

Reply to
whit3rd