interviewing

The world is becoming more tribal, for several reasons. That makes some people crazy.

mandag den 25. april 2022 kl. 21.28.35 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I meant the other Phil of course.

Things like Facebook and Twitter allow people to be "tribal" with more people. The absence of face-to-face interaction takes out a number of constraints.

The world is actually becoming more connected at levels above mere tribes, and has been since we invented writing, but the internet offers a lot more bandwidth than we ever had before, and a lot of the people who now exploit it haven't got the background with lower bandwidth remote communications to realise that they do need to reign in their immediate reactions.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

I knew that. ;)

He and I bounce off things in different ways. I expect my approach is a bit more comfortable for most folks.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You're just a big teddy bear.

Reply to
jlarkin

Well, I think of myself more in the "virile, dashing, and handsome" vein, but at this late date your characterization is probably closer to the mark. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs