Intermec ScanPlus 1800 (SR)

Hi,

A 501(c)3 that I work with locally has a bunch of ScanPlus

1800 SR's that need to be interfaced via EIA232. It *appears* that this is just a "cable change" (seems to be a pretty common practice in that industry to tie the interface to the cable instead of making different devices with different interfaces, etc.).

At ~$50/each, this is a bit pricey for them. If the "conversion" (I believe the current cables are for wand emulation) is as simple as re-pinning the connectors, then this is easy to do (even if a level translator must be added).

But, no joy finding documentation for the connector in the device (other firms like Metrowerks are pretty open about this stuff).

I'd appreciate pointers that might shed some light on the "proper pinout" for their "RS232 cable". Or, I guess I could just put the device in that mode and start probing signals... :<

Thanks!

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis