INTERFACING

Hi,

I am looking for an embedded developement kit that can allow me to write and read data into SDHC (upto 16GB) and micro SD card using a fast microprocessor or microcontroller. Please advise if you any developemnt kit for that purpose. I am planning to do both serial (SPI) and 4 bit data interfacing to the micro.

Thanks John

Reply to
john1987

For starters, the TI/Stellaris EKI-LM3S6965 has a micro-SD socket, and there is some software to run it.

Your main problem may be to select a file system for the card. Usually the cards are used with some kind ofthe FAT file system, but I do not remember if the FAT32 file system is free to use without some royalties to Microsoft.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to