insane idea...

Would putting paint remover in a pressure cooker speed up dissolving epoxy? Hey, I'll do it outside...

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Not sure. But if you use the good pressure cooker, it could speed up your divorce. :)

Reply to
mpm

Only if you do it near open flame.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Is snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com trying out for a Darwin Award ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

If so, he's in the running to win one!

Reply to
G. Morgan

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

I'll use a telephoto lens. No worries.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Potting epoxy? Use a PIC. Well, sort of.

Just get it warm (boiling water or an oven on LOW) and you can pick it apart with a dental pick. Keep dunking it in the water to keep it soft.

There, I just saved your life.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I use to use methylene chloride, (under a hood with gloves on) to disolve epoxy.

I'd put everything in an air tight container.... for several days.

Nasty stuff.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I used to use n,n-DIMETHYLACETAMIDE. That was about 50 years ago, so it might no longer be available. Worked well on epoxies back then.

Reply to
John S

I've always wondered what was on the other end of the hood that was sucking up all the fumes. This was at a university lab.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

(...)

The Department of Psychology, from all evidence.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Be sure to video tape the results, and YouTube them... Have any surviving friends or relatives post as needed.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Reply to

Its boiling point is 40 degrees C, and it will probably dissolve any plastic or rubber gaskets, so this is probably a bad idea. At least it's not a fire hazard, unless you get really careless.

-- Joe

Reply to
J.A. Legris

Canada.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Canada doesn't suck, just Quebec.

Reply to
krw

snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz expounded in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

We'll trade you Quebec for Maine.

Warren

Reply to
Warren

Why in hell would we want Quebec? Gack! The worst thing you can say about Maine is their Senators.

Reply to
krw

Most consumer epoxy resins have a glass transitionj temperature around

60C. if you look hard enough you can find stuff with a glass transition temperature around 140C, and you'd need a higher-boiling temperature liquid for this approach to work.

Boiling oil comes to mind - and it fits James Arthur's medieval mind- set.

Of course, I'm over-simplifying. Google for serious data

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Only if you take Grice and dimboobie, too.

Michael A. Terrell