In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics part 12

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats.

Part 13 Automation and other things.

As I heard a tick every time the frequency changed when mounting the sensor to the hull, I thought this was due to the phase change ...

Was just wondering if a software only based version (like the siliconchip article version) would do the same thing.

So as there is so much code space I also coded a software version (still using linked list). It ticks too.

In the menu you can switch between hardware and software now with 'S' for software and 's' for hardware. The 'hardware' version uses the PIC PWM generator... the software version I made the timing by adding some nops here and there to make a .5us delay that is used as timing base. That added 1 kB to the code...

As I noticed that the output voltage drops when the thing (transducer) goes into resonance, I decided to measure that too via PIC pen 17.

That diode capacitor rectifier also limits some oscillations on top of the waveform, clips those a bit. Does not use any power.

Now you can remotely see where the real resonance is, as for every frequency you can see the voltage (in test mode).

Next could be step through the range of frequencies specified in the linked list and then go to the one with the lowest output voltage, that is resonance. Lowest output voltage equals highest current.

Still a lot of code space left, whatshallweadd? Pacman? naaa mm :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje